Let’s face it; college takes a lot of time and money. So, when you are left with so much free time during the summer, what better way than to earn cash while you can.
Summer jobs are everywhere, but which ones will earn you the most cash is the real question.
Yahoo Finance has figured out the best summer jobs to help college or highschool kids save up the most amount of money before returning back to responsibilities.
- Theme Park Ride Operator: Ever imagined working those rides as a kid? Well now you can do it. If you are looking for a job that will add some thrill this might be the one for you. You will be in charge of operating the ride, stopping and starting it, as well as making sure the riders are following the safety rules. If you are good at consoling a few scared riders that will be a plus too. The average pay for an amusement park operator is around $9.08 an hour. Via StraightDope.com
- Cruise Photographer: In the mood to travel this summer? Are you a good photographer? Well you are in luck because as a cruise photographer you can travel the world this summer while earning some cash. As long as you can handle taking photo after photo of up to hundreds of people a day and you have professional photography experience then this can be the job for you. Not to mention you will be getting paid around $13.70 an hour, usually rounding to $2,100 a month. Via Cruise Ship Jobs.
- Golf Caddie: Someone needs to lug all those clubs around. It could be you if you do not mind walking out in the sun for hours carrying a big bag. That is another way to get your summer body. Plus you can get anywhere from $50 to $100 per bag for just a 4.5 hour shift. Depending on how many bags you get a day you can make up to $3,436 a month. Via Ritz Carlton.
- Lifeguard: The most typical out of the summer jobs. If you are willing to take a couple classes to learn the safety precautions behind the job and earn a certification in CPR and you love the water this is perfect for you. Just be prepared to save a couple lives. You can be earning up to $9.18 an hour for the summer. Via Wikipedia.
- Ice Cream Man: Want to start your own business this summer, then get into the ice cream industry by getting your own ice cream truck and become your neighborhoods ice cream man or woman. This job is flexible and if you do not want to follow the lead of others this may be the job for you. You pick your own hours and areas, of course picking the ones that would work best for your business like in the afternoon in the busiest block or park. It takes a bit of research and knowledge of where you live, but you can be making an average of $12.18 an hour. Via Wikipedia
The summer is the perfect time to earn and save up some cash for when school rolls around again and you are short of time. These five jobs will guarantee you the most money earned this summer.
Find the one that best suits you.
Image via Flickr/kandyjaxx